Week 17 is almost upon us and there’s still several bets left open and a few that I can close. Will the board finish in Matthew’s favor, as it has been for the most of the season, or will Nate weasel his was to board win?
- Who has more fantasy points: Mario Manningham or Jeremy Maclin?
Maclin leads 99-71 and has essentially wrapped this up. I would close it but Manningham could have 29 point day…right.
Winner: Jeremy Maclin (Matthew)
- Will Matt Ryan outscore Joe Flacco by 25 pts?
Ryan leads 248-186 and for those that have trouble with the mathematics, that’s a 62 point lead. Flacco will need to outscore Ryan by 37 points this week.
Winner: Yes (Nate)
- Over/Under 23.5 TDs for Redskins QBs
The Redskins made it up to 17 passing TDs and haven’t had more than 2 in a game all season…They’ll need 7 TDs in this game to make the over.
Winner: Under (Nate)
- Who has more fantasy points: Chester Taylor or LaRod Stephens-Howling?
LRSH leads 34-10 and Taylor having a 25 point day is something that only happens in alternate realities.
Winner: LaRod Stephens-Howling (Matthew)
- Will Jordy Nelson be a top 20 WR (using ppg)?
Even if Nelson sits this game and doesn’t do anything, he’ll finish with 11.0 ppg. The current #20 WR is Steve Johnson at 8.3 ppg.
Winner: Yes (Nate)
- Who has more fantasy points from week 5 on: Laurent Robinson or Titus Young?
Robinson leads a close bet, 112-63.
Winner: Laurent Robinson (Nate)
- Who averages more fantasy points per game from week 7 on: Josh Freeman or Sam Bradford?
For Bradford to win, he’ll need to have a 34 point game and Freeman to sit or get negative points. Freeman leads 11.6 ppg to 7.2 ppg.
Winner: Freeman (Nate)
- Who has more fantasy points: DeAngelo Williams or LeGarrette Blount?
DeAngelo had a lovely 2 TD week and just about wrapped up this bet. Williams leads 121-106.
Projected: DeAngelo Williams (Nate)
- Who has more fantasy points: Kevin Kolb or Sam Bradford?
Will we see Kolb or Bradford on the field this week? Currently, it does look like either guy will play. Even if Bradford plays, he goes up against the 49ers and their tough defense.
Projected: Kevin Kolb (Nate)
- Who has more fantasy points: Cedric Benson or Shonn Greene?
Greene leads 143-131. Both teams are fighting to get in to the playoffs so they should see decent action. A 12 point lead may be tough for Benson to overcome.
Projected: Shonn Greene (Matthew)
- Who has more fantasy points (in a PPR league): Stevie Johnson or Dez Bryant?
Johnson holds a 7 point lead over Bryant (196-189) and this can easily go either way but Dallas is playing for a playoff spot so Dez could easily go off.
Projected: Dez Bryant (Matthew)
- Who has more fantasy points: Reggie Wayne or Santonio Holmes?
One week and Wayne is right back in this as he now only trails by 2 points (108-106). Wayne draws Jacksonville and Holmes gets Miami.
Projected: Reggie Wayne (Nate)
- Will Dwayne Bowe be a top 20 WR?
The #20 WRs are Pierre Garcon, Julio Jones and Torrey Smith, which are only 8 fantasy points behind Bowe (#17). It’ll be close but too many players will need to leapfrog him to bump him out.
Projected: Yes (Nate)
- Over/Under 12.5 touches per game for Ben Tate from week 11 on?
Tate needs 34 touches in week 17 to get to the magical 12.5 touches per game. He’s currently at 6.8 touches per game.
Projected: Under (Nate)
- Who has more fantasy points from week 12 on (in a PPR league): Darren Sproles or Frank Gore?
Sproles leads 78-52. Gore needs to have a huge game and Sproles to sit the majority of the game. There’s a slim chance this will happen, but it’s still a chance.
Projected: Sproles (Nate)
- Who has more fantasy points from week 14 on: Marques Colston or Antonio Brown?
Colston leads 45-29 and has pretty much won this bet but a 16 point lead could be overcome in a week, but it’s not looking good for Brown.
Projected: Colston (Nate)
- Who has more fantasy points from week 14 on: Stevie Johnson or Antonio Brown?
Brown leads 29-28. Johnson plays against New England and Brown against Cleveland. It definitely looks like Johnson will win the bet based upon the matchup.
Projected: Johnson (Nate)
- Who has more fantasy points from week 14 on: Dwayne Bowe or Antonio Brown?
Brown leads 29-24 and may be just enough to hold off Bowe. Bowe goes up against Denver and most likely Champ Bailey. I think he’ll need to get in to the end zone if he wants to get past Brown.
Projected: Brown (Matthew)
- Who has more fantasy points from week 16 on: Michael Turner or Ryan Mathews?
Both guys are tied at 6 but early indications are that Mathews will get a full slate of carries (with Tolbert nursing an injury) and Turner playing maybe a quarter (with the Falcons having nothing to play for). Turner does get Tampa Bay so he could rattle off 50 yards and a TD before sitting, but I still like the guy who’ll play a full game.
Projected: Mathews (Matthew)
- Will the Bengals make the playoffs?
The Bengals are sitting in the driver’s seat, since if they can beat Baltimore, they’re in the playoffs. If they lose, then they’ll need Raiders and Jets to lose, if my playoff math is right. They definitely have the odd but it’ll be close.
Projected: Yes (Nate)
I’m projecting the board to go to Nate by a margin of 23-16. For Matthew to win, he’ll need 4 bets to go the opposite of my projections.