The move was triggered by Tom’s loss of Yan Gomes at his catcher position. Ryan’s team adds needed OF depth and moves Saltalamacchia in to a starting position.
The 2015 Podcast Awards were last night and below is the entire show. The Sports category begins at 1:19:10.
Here’s the results of the first week of action in the Man’s League. Let me know what you think of this format.
- Maple Syrup David and The 06010 Board Nick tied 5-5.
TEAM BATTERS PITCHERS TOTAL NAME R HR RBI SB AVG K W SV ERA WHIP SCORE Maple Syrup David (5-5) 34 6 27 2 .2615 43 2 4 2.112 0.972 5-5-0 The 06010 Board Nick (5-5) 26 8 33 4 .2435 62 4 2 3.423 1.211 5-5-0
Nothing was remarkable about this matchup other than David had great ERA and WHIP for the week. Both offenses were average at best.
- Swiss Superman Michel defeated Tom The Intern 8-1-1.
TEAM BATTERS PITCHERS TOTAL NAME R HR RBI SB AVG K W SV ERA WHIP SCORE Swiss Superman Michel (8-1-1) 34 6 32 2 .2251 72 7 4 3.553 1.118 8-1-1 Tom The Intern (1-8-1) 26 6 22 5 .2182 29 2 0 6.915 1.463 1-8-1
Surprise upset of the week as the defending champion was humbled. Both offenses were mediocre but Michel won the matchup with solid pitching while Tom’s pitching imploded.
- BBQ Sauce Joel and Greyhound KC tied 5-5.
TEAM BATTERS PITCHERS TOTAL NAME R HR RBI SB AVG K W SV ERA WHIP SCORE BBQ Sauce Joel (5-5) 34 7 32 5 .2015 56 4 3 2.888 1.186 5-5-0 Greyhound KC (5-5) 36 9 44 7 .2746 53 3 0 3.578 1.211 5-5-0
KC swept the hitting categories while Joel swept the pitching categories. Another day and this matchup could’ve gone either was as R, HR, K, W and WHIP were really close.
- Secret Squirrel defeated Canadian #1 Carl 7-3.
TEAM BATTERS PITCHERS TOTAL NAME R HR RBI SB AVG K W SV ERA WHIP SCORE Secret Squirrel (7-3) 26 5 24 6 .2439 67 5 4 2.757 1.098 7-3-0 Canadian #1 Carl (3-7) 33 11 29 2 .2398 38 2 0 3.882 1.353 3-7-0
Daniel’s return to fantasy baseball was a success. His dominant pitching propelled him to the victory. Carl will have better weeks as his team hit 11 HRs for the week.
- Suckuptosteffie Tom defeated Fantasy Wizard Tyler 6-4
TEAM BATTERS PITCHERS TOTAL NAME R HR RBI SB AVG K W SV ERA WHIP SCORE Fantasy Wizard Tyler (4-6) 24 3 20 6 .2500 50 2 5 2.627 0.843 4-6-0 Suckuptosteffie Tom (6-4) 37 6 18 7 .2007 35 1 9 0.684 0.570 6-4-0
Tom’s strategy to only have closers worked as he had a remarkable ERA and WHIP go along with his 9 saves. Tom’s hitting was an enigma since he put up a good amount of runs and SBs but hit .200 for the week.
- Canadian #2 Ryan defeated EMT Jack 9-1
TEAM BATTERS PITCHERS TOTAL NAME R HR RBI SB AVG K W SV ERA WHIP SCORE EMT Jack (1-9) 40 7 42 7 .2633 28 0 0 7.387 1.783 1-9-0 Canadian #2 Ryan (9-1) 43 10 43 6 .2909 64 3 4 3.569 1.121 9-1-0
Jack had a very good hitting week but Ryan was just a bit better. Jack’s pitching was horrendous and it may be little this all season. Ryan had the best week all around with great balance in all 10 categories
- Pod Vader and Shiba Inu Sean tied 5-5
TEAM BATTERS PITCHERS TOTAL NAME R HR RBI SB AVG K W SV ERA WHIP SCORE Pod Vader (5-5) 45 16 50 4 .3099 34 2 4 5.496 1.885 5-5-0 Shiba Inu Sean (5-5) 28 9 32 11 .1969 48 3 3 4.629 1.350 5-5-0
Jay hit a remarkable amount of homeruns and could be a real threat if his offense keeps this up. His pitching will get better with Strasburg and Lester on this team. Sean did well to split the matchup despite hitting below the Mendoza line.
- Swedish Canada Niklas defeated Combo Meals Ryan 5-4-1
TEAM BATTERS PITCHERS TOTAL NAME R HR RBI SB AVG K W SV ERA WHIP SCORE Combo Meals Ryan (4-5-1) 31 9 38 2 .2717 49 4 1 4.116 1.317 4-5-1 Swedish Canada Niklas (5-4-1) 38 9 34 8 .2436 63 6 2 5.494 1.552 5-4-1
Another matchup that could’ve gone either way. Niklas’ team could be one to watch as his counting stats were very good. Ryan is also in the conversation but could’ve used another start or two.
- Canadian #2 Ryan
- Suckuptosteffie Tom
- Swiss Superman Michel
- Secret Squirrel
- Swedish Canada Niklas
- Maple Syrup David
- BBQ Sauce Joel
- Pod Vader
- Shiba Inu Sean
- Greyhound KC
- The 06010 Board Nick
- Combo Meals Ryan
- Fantasy Wizard Tyler
- Canadian #1 Carl
- Tom The Intern
- EMT Jack
The inaugural 06010 Board Man’s League completed its draft last Saturday and after 4 hours and 400 players drafted, here are the results. Who is your front runner to win the league?
Here’s a list of the people that have been invited to The 06010 Board Man’s League and little reasoning why they were invited.
- @TomTheIntern – He’s the defending champion of the 2014 Man’s League.
- @CarlLandra – He’s Canadian.
- @MOanimalcrackers – Has a greyhound, veteran of the 2013 Man’s League.
- @celtictso – Aka Suck up to Steffie Tom. Wouldn’t hear the end of it if he wasn’t in.
Unofficially, the Pod Vader of this league.
- @ryanlmarchand – Needed another Canadian to meet the division quota.
- @Sean_Rosales – Promised pictures of his Shiba Inu’s.
- @ComboMeals – Did great work with the twitter account and “Hey! It’s a combo meal!”
- @TheRealPodVader – Not sure who this guy is or how he got in.
- @JGuntherDC – Certified EMT, can help out with any injuries we have during the season.
- @FloundOfPesh – Wrote song lyrics to the tune of something that flew over my head. Impressive effort regardless.
- @DanielDopp – He’s got a better beard than myself.
- @JoelASchnell – Promised homemade BBQ sauce.
- @mromang – Adds some International flair to the league by being Swiss (No offense Canada). Also one of my favorite WWE superstars is the Swiss Superman, Cesaro.
- @broximo – I learned from him that maple syrup is available in cans in Canada!
- @myslas – From Sweden, which is apparently the Canada of Europe…and we need more Canadians!
The league is now full but I still have applications on hand in case someone has to drop out.
It would appear that there will not be a Man’s League for the baseball podcast this year, so I felt I should step in and create a Man’s League. It’s in no way affiliated with the podcast but I’ll try to see if I can get some of them in to the league.
Here’s the league format:
- 16 Teams
- H2H Roto scoring (weekly matchups)
- Standard 5×5 categories
- Roster size: 25 (22 starters, 3 bench, 1 DL)
- Auction draft ($260)
- FAAB ($100, $1 min bid)
- Draft Date: April 4th @ PM Eastern
I’m planning on reporting on the league throughout the season so expect a crappy interview that I’ll conduct with you.
So, how does one get in to the league? It’s real simple, just fill out the form below on why you should be in the league. Keep it to one paragraph and it can be funny, serious, etc. Bribes are accepted but they don’t get you automatically in to the league.
You can now start to nominate podcasts for the 2015 Podcast Awards. You can only submit a single nomination so to make sure you follow the rules. Nominations close on the night of Monday, February 2, 2015.
Here’s my nomination guide:
- People’s Choice: ESPN Fantasy Focus Football
- Sports: ESPN Fantasy Focus Football
- Entertainment: Swiftcast
If you have recommendations for any other podcasts, leave them in the comments.
|Who has more plate appearances: Mookie Betts or Kolten Wong?
Check out the 1-12-2015 podcast between 29:56-30:21 for this bet.
In some circles, it’s still up for debate whether or not Nate is a weasel. It was a hotly contested subject back in 2012 when there were two battle websites, NateIsAWeasel.com and NateIsNotAWeasel.com. It was probably out of the lack of supporting facts, that NateIsNotAWeasel.com lost this battle. You can still revisit all of the NateIsAWeasel.com content here on The 06010 Board. The man behind the website, Eric, consistently crushed it like a grape with his content. One of his better submissions to the show was when he made a Donald Trump offer to prove he wasn’t a weasel.
Nate may only have a few podcasts left but I’m sure he’ll continue to make surprise returns to Matthew’s iteration of the podcast. I suspect that next year’s board will be extremely one-sided if the following clip is any evidence.
The banter between Matthew and Nate is special and will truly be missed. I believe in Matthew’s talents, I like the cut of his jib but I’m not sure he’s up for doing half the podcast using Nate’s voice.